Welcome to Sunnybrook SD 171
Mission Statement Maximize student achievement by cultivating: critical thinking skills, innovative instructional practices and a collaborative school, home, and community partnership.
- The self-worth of each child is nurtured within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Students are engaged in a rigorous, culturally relevant and innovative learning experience
- Educators apply result-driven instructional practices
- Teachers and staff are engaged in continuous professional development
- Parents, students, staff and community collaborate
Loss of District Technology
If at any time your student loses any of the District’s technology there is a cost associated with that. The Chromebook insurance only covers malfunctions, normal wear and tear, and accidental damage, NOT loss of the equipment or damage to cords. Listed below is the associated costs of loss of equipment or damage to the cords.
If any of this equipment needs to be replaced the District needs to be notified immediately and a replacement will not be given until the replacement costs are paid.
- Chromebook $250
- Chromebook Charger $15
- Hotspot $200
- Hotspot Charger $15
- Bag $20
Greetings Sunnybrook Parents and Guardians,
Yearly the Illinois State Board of Education requires school districts to disseminate a survey to their families. The survey is designed to gather our families thoughts and opinions of the school environment .
Please be advised of the following:
- The 5Essentials Survey is completely confidential and voluntary.
- Participants have the right to discontinue the survey at any time for any reason.
- No one at your child's school or the district office will see individual participants’ responses. Only data aggregated to the school level will be shared.
If you have students that attend both Nathan Hale and Heritage Middle School, you are asked to fill out a survey for each building. Only one survey needs to be completed per family if you have multiple students that attend a school.
It is the district's goal to have more than a 20% response rate for both Nathan Hale and Heritage Middle School.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your student's school main office.
Link to survey:http://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/survey/parent/