|NHS Home||Dear Parent or Guardian: |
Students in grades 3 and 4 will be tested in reading and mathematics. We will be giving your child state-required achievement tests on March 22, 2017 – April 12, 2017 (Schedule). The tests are a part of the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) and are being given to all eligible students. The results of these state tests will be reported to you on the School Report Card in the fall. We will review state test results along with other information to help us improve our school program. In addition, you will receive information about your child’s performance on the state tests he or she took.
You can help your child do his or her best on the test by:
- making sure, if possible, that your child attends school on time on the days of testing;
- making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
- providing breakfast on the mornings of testing;
- reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he or she does not understand the test directions;
- letting your child know that you have confidence in his or her ability to do his or her best; and
- advising your child not to worry about the test—just do the best he or she can. Please call your child’s teacher if you want additional information or have further questions about these tests.
We look forward to sharing the PARCC results with you this fall.
Miss Johnson, Principal